From the beginning, we have set ourselves to always improve, and the 301 is the fruit of that commitment!
Each element contributes to harmonious proportions and at first glance you can feel the energy released by the perfection of the dynamic trajectories that cross the turntable.
Excellence begins at the base. The feet are not only support but are an integral part of the plinth, in the dual function of isolation and dissipation of vibrations generated when reading the vinyl. This is why we have completely redesigned and made them with technical materials, enclosing them in an important, unique, beautiful design.
The thick plinth is machined from solid to enhance the solidity, encloses and supports the electrical and mechanical organs, providing the mass needed to counter any unwanted vibration.
Order and cleanliness reign supreme both below and above the surface, showing only the essential and the seductive.
The synchronous motor with elastic mounting, exclusive to New Horizon, transmits motion through the pulley, also redesigned, to adapt to the extraordinary sized plate.
Sturdy bones and full-bodied structure for this imposing turntable that translates into a majestic, firm and delicate sound together. Credit goes to the synergy of the elements that compose it including the silicone belt, graceful but tenacious, and the particular inverted bearing result of a brilliant idea developed with a serious design and field trials.
From the warmth of wood, the magic of sound. With the new 301 there is plenty of choice among the wonderful finishes available, how can you resist so much beauty?
- Heavy Weight and Thickness – The plinth of the 301 has been redesigned with a new weight distribution to improve stability and rigidity.
In this turntable the thickness of the HDF (High Density Fibreboard, high density wood pulp bonded to artificial resins) has grown up to 40 mm to dampen vibrations and resonances at subsonic frequencies. This arrangement also allows you to completely separate the power section of the engine and the section of the audio signal to the advantage of the sound.
- The turntable pulsating heart is the compact 24VAC synchronous motor whose main feature is its extremely regular rotation, independent from the variations of the mains voltage, given that its speed depends on the mains frequency. The high torque and the rotation speed of 500 rpm actively contribute to the regularity and fluidity of the plate rotation.
- The 301 is a set of mechanical moving parts and the main internal source of noise and vibrations is the motor which therefore must be isolated as much as possible from all other parts of the turntable. The engine isolation in New Horizon turntables is a unique mechanical suspension system. Through precision steel springs, calibrated on the suspended weight of the motor and pulley, the transmission of the oscillations to the plinth is efficiently blocked.
- The transmission of the motion to the plate is obtained by a special belt in silicone rubber. The choice of this material ensures the best energy transfer and an excellent decoupling from the vibrations produced by the engine during the operation.
- One of the strong points in New Horizon turntables is the plate rotation pivot. The perfection of the movement is the result of a accurate project and several prototypes. Today the piece in production has a sturdy inverted bearing structure in three pieces of aluminum and steel that guarantee the maximum “silence” and a very low rotation friction.
- The plinth houses the brand new 9″ NH95 straight arm. The movement of this jewel of mechanics is based on four high precision radial bearings. The tube is a sandwich of nylon and aluminum worked to break down the resonances and dampen the section dedicated to the counterweight. In addition to the truly progressive proprietary anti-skating, it offers all the micro-adjustments possible to take full advantage of the characteristics of any cartridge from azimuth to vertical tube alignment (VTA). The choice of accessories is completed by the tools necessary for its adjustment also by a handy sling bar.
- Full Lathed Platter – The appearance is extremely important: the 301 is equipped with an extraordinary 30mm thick Crystal Methacrylate plate, laser cut and then precision lathe machined on all sides. This material has a natural elegance and a high specific weight, perfect for maintaining kinetic energy and dissipating vibrations.
- New Horizon turntables are best interfaced with your electronics. The 301 is equipped with two separate terminals for power supply and audio signal, so as to effectively isolate the delicate connections that carry the musical message from the cartridge. A high-quality insulating plate accommodates high-quality gold-plated RCA output terminals and a separate ground connector.
- The New Horizon 6040RD feet enhance the sonic characteristics of any hifi device by providing better vibration and resonance isolation.
They are made of Delrin®, steel, low density natural rubber and HQR compound (Hard Quiet Rubber), cleaning the system from spurious vibrations, noticeably improving the acoustic scene, detail and three-dimensionality.
Turntable System: Triple Rigid/Decoupled Plinths
Tonearm: 9″ NH95 Arm
Drive System: External Silicone Drive Belt
Motor: Synchronous AC
Decoupling: Motor by Springs,
Speed: 33 1/3, 45 rpm
Speed Selection: Mechanical
Platter: 28mm / 2.3kg Crystal methacrylate, Machined
Size (WxDxH): 450 x 365 x 155 mm
Weight (Shipping): 10 (11.7) kg
Finish: Matt Black or White coating
RCA Interconnection Cables
Laptop wired 24VAC / 500mA Power Supply
Cartridge Reference Template
Arm’s Balancing Weight
NH Sling Bar
2 x Hexagonal Wrench
Methacrylate Dust Cover