Elegance and Power. With their essentiality turntables of the 200 line give you unforgettable sensations.
Modern turntable design New Horizon innovates the classic scheme and combines with high quality finishes and reliable construction, attentive to the details.
The synergy of the common elements that make up 201, 202 and 203 means that even the smallest details emerge from the grooves of the vinyl with the grace and sweetness that only large analog systems can provide.
The plate is made of transparent methacrylate 20mm thick and reaches a weight of almost 2kg. This significantly increases inertia and rotational fluidity to the advantage of the dynamics of music reproduction.
Pairing with the new New Horizon NH95 9″ tonearm, fully adjustable, enhances detail and clarity to the listening. A great project that has engaged us in the search for characteristics of absolute excellence to extract the soul from our beloved records.
Attention to detail defines New Horizon turntable greatness: the plinths rest on technical feet, in three pieces, damping and adjustable in height.
201: Exemplary silence, reliability and first-class performance. A safe investment for listening to our LPs.
- 201 is a rigid-base turntable. It is essential that the base, or plinth, is able to keep stable the fixing of the other parts of the apparel and to stand opposite to the transmission of vibrations and resonances: our choice at New Horizon is the compressed wood pulp and artificial resins, known as HDF. This material is extremely smooth and heavy and its isomorphic composition works much more efficiently than the solid wood.
- The turntable pulsating heart is the compact 24VAC synchronous motor whose main feature is its extremely regular rotation, independent from the variations of the mains voltage, given that its speed depends on the mains frequency. The high torque and the rotation speed of 500 rpm actively contribute to the regularity and fluidity of the plate rotation.
- 201 is a set of mechanical parts in action. The largest internal source of noise and vibrations is the motor that must be isolated as much as possible from all other parts of the turntable. The engine insulation in New Horizon turntables is made by an exclusive mechanical suspension system. Through precision steel springs, calibrated on the suspended weight of the motor and the pulley, the oscillation transmission to the plinth is efficiently blocked.
- The transmission of the motion to the plate is obtained by a special belt in silicone rubber. The choice of this material ensures the best energy transfer and an excellent decoupling from the vibrations produced by the engine during the operation.
- One of the strong points in New Horizon turntables is the plate rotation pivot. The perfection of the movement is the result of a accurate project and several prototypes. Today the piece in production has a sturdy inverted bearing structure in three pieces of aluminum and steel that guarantee the maximum “silence” and a very low rotation friction.
- The plinth houses the brand new 9″ NH95 straight arm. The movement of this jewel of mechanics is based on four high precision radial bearings. The tube is a sandwich of nylon and aluminum worked to break down the resonances and dampen the section dedicated to the counterweight. In addition to the truly progressive proprietary anti-skating, it offers all the micro-adjustments possible to take full advantage of the characteristics of any cartridge from azimuth to vertical tube alignment (VTA). The choice of accessories is completed by the tools necessary for its adjustment also by a handy sling bar.
- The appearance is extremely important: 201 has a 20mm thick laser-cut and precision machined platter in Crystal Methacrylate. This material with a high specific weight combines the excellent ability to disperse the vibrations kinetic energy, to the elegance of a perfect transparency.
- New Horizon turntables are interfaced in the best way with all your electronics. An excellent insulating material plate accommodates the gold-plated RCA output terminals and the separate earth connector.
- The New Horizon 5030RD feet enhance the sonic characteristics of any hifi device by providing better vibration and resonance isolation. They are made of Delrin®, steel, low density natural rubber and HQR compound (Hard Quiet Rubber), cleaning the system from spurious vibrations, noticeably improving the acoustic scene, detail and three-dimensionality.
Turntable System: Single Rigid Plinth
Tonearm: 9″ NH95 Arm
Cartridge: Audio Technica AT-91R/VM-520EB/VM-540ML
Drive System: External Silicone Drive Belt
Motor: Synchronous AC
Decoupling: Motor by Springs
Speed: 33 1/3, 45 rpm
Speed Selection: Mechanical
Platter: 20mm / 1.7kg Crystal methacrylate, Machined
Size (WxDxH): 450 x 365 x 110 mm
Weight (Shipping): 6.5 (8.5) kg
Finish: Matt Black or White coating
RCA Interconnection Cables
Laptop wired 24VAC / 500mA Power Supply
Cartridge Reference Template
Arm’s Balancing Weight
NH Sling Bar
2 x Hexagonal Wrench
Methacrylate Dust Cover