The entry level model already has all the constructive peculiarities that make New Horizon products so unique. High quality materials are extensively used: crystalline methacrylate platter, 3-parts pin in steel and aluminum, AC synchronous motor.
The exclusive gem of the product is the engine isolation system: a rigid frame turntable, such as New Horizon 101, is very sensitive to vibrations, both external and self-generated. The proprietary system we have selected, attenuate the vibrations to the minimum, almost disappearing. The aluminum arm is able to work in optimal conditions and the noise intercepted by the cartridge is extremely reduced with great listening results.
Care for each detail, high quality materials, exclusive project and a captivating design that combines modernity and elegant classicism: nothing less to be expected from a product entirely MADE in ITALY.
- The turntable pulsating heart is the compact 24VAC synchronous motor whose main feature is its extremely regular rotation, independent from the variations of the mains voltage, given that its speed depends on the mains frequency. The high torque and the rotation speed of 500 rpm actively contribute to the regularity and fluidity of the plate rotation.
- GD1 is a set of mechanical parts in action. The largest internal source of noise and vibrations is the motor that must be isolated as much as possible from all other parts of the turntable. The engine insulation in New Horizon turntables is made by an exclusive mechanical suspension system. Through precision steel springs, calibrated on the suspended weight of the motor and the pulley, the oscillation transmission to the plinth is efficiently blocked.
- The transmission of the motion to the plate is obtained by a special belt in natural rubber. The choice of this material ensures an excellent energy transfer and a good decoupling from the vibrations produced by the engine during the operation.
- One of the strong points in New Horizon turntables is the plate rotation pivot. The perfection of the movement is the result of a accurate project and several prototypes. Today the piece in production has a sturdy inverted bearing structure in three pieces of aluminum and steel that guarantee the maximum “silence” and a very low rotation friction.
- The straight 8,6″ arm is supplied and ready for operation. Equipped with an MM cartridge with carbon stylus and calibrated on the right reading weight. Also the anti-skating is self-regulated. The aluminum rod ensure the necessary rigidity, letting the cartridge extracting the best sound from the grooves of the vinyl.
- 101 is a rigid-base turntable. It is essential that the base, or plinth, is able to keep stable the fixing of the other parts of the apparel and to stand opposite to the transmission of vibrations and resonances: our choice at New Horizon is the compressed recycled wood pulp and artificial resins. This material is extremely smooth and heavy and its isomorphic composition works much more efficiently than the solid wood.
- The appearance is extremely important: on New Horizon turntables there are only laser-cut plates in Crystal Methacrylate. This material with a high specific weight combines the excellent ability to disperse the vibrations kinetic energy, to the elegance of a perfect transparency.
- New Horizon turntables are interfaced in the best way with all your electronics. An excellent insulating material plate accommodates the gold-plated RCA output terminals and the separate earth connector.
Turntable System: Single Rigid Plinth
Tonearm: 8.6″ Aluminium Arm
Cartridge: Audio Technica AT-91R MM
Drive System: External Silicone Drive Belt
Motor: Synchronous AC
Decoupling: Motor by Springs
Speed: 33 1/3, 45 rpm
Speed Selection: Mechanical
Platter: 10mm / 0.85kg Crystal methacrylate, Machined
Size (WxDxH): 450 x 365 x 102 mm
Weight (Shipping): 4.7 (5.6) kg
Finish: Laminated black
RCA Interconnection Cables
Laptop wired 24VAC / 500mA Power Supply
Cartridge Reference Template